Unionville is an unincorporated community in East Marlborough Township in southern Chester County, Pennsylvania, United States. It was originally known as “Jacksonville.” The Unionville Village Historic District was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1979. The community is located in the Unionville-Chadds Ford School District and the home of Unionville High School. Unionville High School is in the Southern Chester County League (SCCL) for the 2006-2007 school year and will be joining the Ches-Mont league for the 2007-2008 school year. UHS is also the home of the current SCCL champions in boys soccer and football.
Unionville Village Historic District is a national historic district located at Unionville in East Marlborough Township, Chester County, Pennsylvania. It encompasses 69 contributing buildings in the village of Unionville. It includes a variety of brick, stone, and frame residences the earliest of which is dated to about 1750. Notable buildings include Unionville Academy (1834), country store (c. 1875), Union Hotel (1834), Cross Keys Inn (1751), Unionville Saddle Shop (1887), Unionville Hall (1849–50), Grange Hall (1845; originally the Friends Meetinghouse), and Green Lawn Seminary. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1979.